Amaze your guests with these delicious party bites. Easy and wonderful crab canapés made and served on crusty herb bread. This is a very simple, very tasty snack or appetizer. They keep well in the fridge, so you can make them in advance and use as needed. They are great for a casual pre-drink appetiser or equally fitting for elegant cocktail parties.
Ingredients Serves 4-6
- 150 grams crabmeat
- 2 Tbs fresh cream or crème fraiche
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 mediun size shallot finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- A handful of fresh herbs parsley or coriander – chopped
- Squeeze of lemon or lime
- In a pan on low heat add the olive oil followed by the chopped shallots. Cook till the shallots are soft then add the crabmeat, cook for 2-3 minutes still on low heat.
- Add the fresh cream simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and a good pinch of pepper.
- Add the chopped fresh herbs, stir well.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool down.
- Finish off with a squeeze of lemon.
- Serve on crusty herb bread slices.
Brinda’s Note: You can substitute crabmeat with smoked salmon or lobster meat. The crabmeat can be made and kept in the freezer take out defrost and use when needed.