How about this for a meatfree dinner. This creamy mushroom is the of kind of sauce that is delicious on toast or pasta and that’s what I have done…served with sirrachi “chilli sauce” for an added bit of heat and buzz finished off with a drizzle of truffle oil. It’s so good so simple and smells awesome
Ingredients Serves 2-4
- 250 grams mushroom – sliced
- 1 medium size onion – chopped
- Butter and olive
- Few sprigs spring onion
- Salt & pepper
- 100 mls single cream or mascarpone cheese
- Put the butter in a large pan as it starts to melt add some olive oil, onion and cook until translucent.
- Add mushroom and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir everything around and cook until almost all the water from the mushroom has evaporated approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chopped spring onion, taste for salt then pour in the cream. Continue to stir and cook for another minute, until the cream has come to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for a minute before removing from the heat.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, and then add the spaghetti according to pack instructions. I like my paste al-dente.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil truffle oil. Enjoy.