Some foods are so simple, easy that we rarely talk about them; we just get on and prepare them. Avocado on toast is so delicious, with its buttery, creamy taste that will not disappoint many.
Mashed and sliced Avocado on toast is easy and delicious for breakfast, lunch or as a snack. The beauty of is that you can spruce up your avocado toast or sandwich with many different ways to satisfy all taste buds. Here I felt a little creative by adding pickled lemon to my avocado toast.
A perfect healthy satisfying snack that can be enjoyed anytime in the day.
Ingredients Serves 2
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ pickled lemon – thinly sliced (I make my own lemon pickle, using unwaxed lemon to pickle in a generous amount of salt and some sugar)
- Salt and pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Slices of Ciabatta bread or any bread of your choice – preferably thick slices
- Few thick slices of Hallumi cheese
- Olive oil
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and peel off the skin. Take half of the avocado mash lightly with a folk. Drizzle with olive oil and the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle the smoked paprika, and mix together. Set aside.
- Slice the other half avocado.
- Meanwhile heat a griddle pan and grill the sliced Hallumi cheese for a few minutes each side.
- To plate and serve, spread the bread with the mashed avocado; arrange the grilled Hallumi cheese followed by the sliced avocado and scatter slices of lemon. Serve with a green salad drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.
Recipe mentioned in link below: