This is a simple dessert to relish fresh Mangoes and I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. I made this like as a last minute dessert few weeks ago since I love caramel so much. Simple and quick recipe so easy to put together served with ice-cream. You sure will enjoy
Ingredients Serves 2
- 1 mango – Cut the cheeks
- 3 tbsp castor sugar
- ½ pod vanilla – cut in half and remove the seeds
- Cut the mango cheeks into “hedgehog” – Using a sharp knife score 3-4 lines vertically down and then horizontally to form a square pattern (as seen in picture)
- Put rest of the sugar into a non-stick frying pan and heat gently. Continue to stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the vanilla seeds.
- Now add the coated mango cheeks increase the heat and leave to caramelised.
- Continue to cook until the sugar turns into a deep rich brown colour.
- Remove from the heat. Serve warm with a scoop of ice-cream