I am sure you all must have heard off chilli paneer, well this is how easy it is to. I have made this dish which is super delicious and super quick to put together. It transforms the dish to the next level with the added sweet chilli sauce. This recipe yields one of the best chilli paneer a thick gravy that pairs well with either plain boiled rice or an egg fried rice or even noodles.
Ingredients Serves 2-4
- 1 pk of paneer (Indian cheese)– cut into cubes
- 1 onion – diced
- 4Tbs Corn Flour
- 2-4 green chillies – some thinly sliced and leave two for garnishing
- Mixed sweet Peppers – (optional)
- 2Tbs Tomato Sauce
- 1Tbs chilli sweet sauce
- 1Tbs hot chilli sauce
- 2Tbs Soy Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Sesame oil to drizzle
- Mix the paneer cubes with the corn flour, place a pan on the heat and fry the coated paneer cubes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a little oil and fry the chopped onions until translucent. Add the chopped or sliced peppers and fry until golden.
- Add the sauces and the sliced chillies to the onion, taking care as it will spit and together with the chilli hitting the hot oil, the fiery smoke will be quite pungent.
- Add fried paneer, a little water to make a thick sauce and cook until soft. Taste for seasoning and add salt as required.
- Turn the heat off, drizzle with sesame oil and sliced chillies. Serve warm with plain boiled rice.
Brinda’s Note: You can even use Hallumi cheese, soya chunks for this recipe.