In just few minutes you can have Yogurt Rice with mixed seeds and crispy fried onion to enjoy. This is a very flash, quick and easy dish both healthy and refreshing quick midweek meal. You can have this rice with a tangy chilli tomato chutney or grilled meat or fish.
There are many versions of curd rice some with mustard seeds, Nigella seeds, Mung dhal etc but I wanted mine simple and since I had a good mixture of healthy seeds in the cupboard I decide to use them – and they taste awesome with the soft rice giving that extra nutty bite.
- 1-2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup yogurt (I used Greek Yoghurt but you can use any kind of natural yoghurt)
- 1 onion – finely sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, hemp, sesame)
- Few curry leaves
- Handful of coriander – chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan; add the sliced onion followed by the seeds. As they start to spits and fry add the curry leaves.
- Add the cooked rice, season with salt. Pour the yoghurt and mix well, leave to slowly warm turning occasionally to prevent sticking to the pan and thorough warming through (about 4-6 minutes).
- Turn heat off, sprinkle with the fresh chopped coriander and serve.