Leek & Carrot Rice
When it comes to clearing fridge I get very excited, because I can use all the odd bits and pieces in the fridge and it always ends of with a very tasty wholesome meal. The best part of which it is that there is no wastage and you can go away on holidays without any guilty feeling. I like to do this kind of dish whenever I have leftover cooked rice. Stay connected for more innovative rice recipes to follow……
Ingredients Serves 2
- 1 ½ cups of cooked rice
- 1 leek – finely sliced
- 1 carrot – cut into small cubes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- In a pan warm the oil, add the chopped leek, carrots and fry until slight tender and golden.
- Add the cooked rice, season with salt. Sprinkle some water cover and leave to steam for five minutes on low heat. Meanwhile prepare tomato salad/chutney (see my recipe for tomato chutney in condiment section)
- Turn the heat off and leave covered for 2 minutes.
- Crack a generous amount of freshly cracked black pepper. Serve warm with either tomato chutney or mango pickle.