How about this for a speedy flash pasta dinner. This creamy mushroom sauce is perfect and delicious on toast or pasta. Here I have added to spaghetti with a sirrachi “chilli sauce” for an added bit of heat and buzz finished off with a drizzle of truffle oil. It’s so good, so simple and smells awesome.
Ingredients Serves 2-4
- 250 grams mushroom – sliced
- 200 gms thinly sliced meat of your choice (optional)
- 1 medium size onion – chopped
- Butter and olive
- Few sprigs spring onion
- Fresh herbs – finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- 100 mls single cream or mascarpone cheese
- Put the butter in a large pan as it starts to melt add some olive oil, onion and cook until translucent.
- Flash cook the meat slices, season with a little salt and pepper. Once cooked remove and put in a plate.
- In the same pan add the mushroom and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir everything around and cook until almost all the water from the mushroom has evaporated approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chopped spring onion, cooked meat, taste for seasoning then pour in the cream. Continue to stir and cook for another minute, until the cream has come to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for a minute before removing from the heat.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, and then add the spaghetti according to pack instructions. I like my paste al-dente.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil or truffle oil. Enjoy.